For the unfamiliar, radon is an invisible gas formed naturally in the Earth’s crust.
It impacts just about everyone on the planet as it's part of the air we breathe.
Some parts of the planet have high concentrations of radon, while others are lower.
However, nearly all parts of the planet have at least a little bit of radon in the air.
Luckily though, at low doses, radon is relatively harmless.
When the radon levels start to creep up is when you need to start worrying.
In all honesty, the safest level of radon is 0.
The EPA says that radon gas at a level of 4 pCi/L or higher requires immediate corrective measures to reduce your exposure to radon gas.
When the radon levels get higher than 4 pCi/L is when the health of you and your family is at risk.
The most significant health risk caused by radon is lung cancer.
So, it's in your best interest to know if your home is safe from radon, or if it's time to take corrective action.
Below we'll talk about how it gets into your home, the warning signs, and how to get rid of it.