Radon Mitigation FAQ's
Radon Mitigation is the process used to reduce the radon gas levels inside of a home or building. Professional installation of a Radon Removal system draws radon gas from beneath the foundation of the home to be directly vented outside without having a chance to enter the home. According to the EPA, Radon Removal can eliminate up to 99 percent of radon from the home.
- How long does it take to install a mitigation system?
- What is the most common radon removal method?
- Will sealing the cracks in my basement be a good enough radon removal method?
- Does the tube on my reduction system tell the radon levels?
- What is the cost of a radon mitigation system?
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Radon Mitigation:
- How long does it take to install a mitigation system: The majority of the radon removal systems can be installed in just a few hours, depending on the complexity of the home. The Radon Eliminator staff is experienced with the installation process and knows how to get efficiently and effectively the job done.
- What is the most common radon removal method: The sub-slab depressurization method is the most common radon removal process. It prevents radon from re-entering the home by drawing the dangerous gas from underneath the foundation of the home and venting it out with a fan.
- Will sealing the cracks in my basement be a good enough radon removal method: The simple answer to this question is no. Radon is a gas and therefore can move through the concrete slab. However, sealing cracks may help to improve radon mitigation system performance.
- Does the tube on my reduction system tell the radon levels: The u-tube manometer is not an indication of the radon levels in your home, it is an indicator of the pressure created by the mitigation system. Radon testing is the only way to check the effectiveness of the radon mitigation system.
- What is the cost of a radon mitigation system: The average radon mitigation system can be installed for under $1,500. Every home is built a little differently, and therefore, there is no universal price for every home.
Radon Eliminator has an experienced team of certified radon mitigation specialists. We provide a FREE quote on a radon removal system. We also provide discounted residential radon testing if you are unsure of the radon levels in your home.
Radon is cancer causing radioactive gas, do not wait to have it removed from your home. Click on the link below or call 855-KILL Radon today to schedule your discounted radon test or mitigation quote.