Do you need a Radon Mitigation System installed in your Lorain, Ohio home?
If there are elevated levels of radon gas in your home, you will need to contact a Licensed Radon Mitigation Company to install a removal system.
Radon Mitigation Systems reduce the concentration levels of dangerous radon gas inside the living spaces of homes and buildings.
Installation Performed the Right Way
When you need a Radon Mitigation System installed in your Lorain, OH home, hiring a licensed Radon Mitigation Company is crucial.
There are specific rules that need following when installing a mitigation system. These rules ensure the radon gas is removed and does not have a chance to re-enter the home.
1. To begin the installation, the technician needs to locate a quality suction point that is easy to access and has the best outcome for the system's success.
2. When the suction point has been found, the technician will drill a 5" hole in the sub-slab of the basement. Your radon mitigation technician will use the hole for the deployment of the mitigation system.
The dimensions of the communication pit need to be correct. If they are wrong, there may not be enough suction to remove the gas from the house.
3. Next, you and your technician will decide the best location for the discharge point to exhaust the gas from the house.
When making this decision, the specialist will need to ensure that they choose a place where the gas does not have the opportunity to re-enter the home.
4. When the discharge point is located, the technician will begin the pipe fitting process. When the pipes are set in place, they will then need to be sealed.
This is done using a backer rod to fill the spatial gap and finished with an industrial-grade caulk.
5. Once the piping has been placed, the pathway for the pipe to exit the home will be decided. A chemical welding agent will connect the PVC piping to ensure no leaks in the piping system.
6. The last step is the installation of the ventilation fan and the pipe pathway. Your Radon Eliminator mitigation specialist can connect the exhaust fan to the outside of the home, or in some cases, placed inside the garage attic.
The ventilation fan draws the radon from beneath the sub-slab of the basement, through the piping system, and out into the atmosphere.
When the installation is completed, the technician needs to leave a post-mitigation radon test in the home's basement for 72 hours.
This will let the technician know if the installation has been a success.
If for some reason, the radon levels have not been reduced below the EPA recommended action level, the Radon Eliminator team will return and do whatever needs to be done at no additional cost to you.
We guarantee the success of our systems, so if they are not installed correctly the first time, we do not charge more to have the problem fixed.
Having a radon removal system installed in your home is crucial if your test came back with high concentration levels of cancer-causing radon gas.
Radon Eliminator offers free radon mitigation estimates.
If you need a mitigation system installed in your home, click below to speak with one of our licensed radon mitigation professionals in Lorain, OH, today.
Contact the team at Radon Eliminator for a Free Radon Removal Estimate for your Lorain, Ohio home today!
They two installers allowed me to see and follow the whole installation and answered all my questions, which to was great because I been very curious about the whole process. This company was rated best by Home Advisor and I see why.